Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Explore More Media Literacy

I got an anonymous comment that suggested I check out another website on media literacy. I wasn't sure that everyone would go look at my comments, so I wanted to bring this website to the forefront so that everyone has a chance to check it out if they want.

www.frankwbaker.com

This website is called Media Literacy Clearinghouse. The website states that it is designed for K-12 educators who want to:
- learn more about media literacy
-integrate it into classroom instruction
-help students read the media
-help students become more media aware

This website has so many cool links to check out. On the left hand column, the website has all different basic categories like advertising, commersialism, media criticism, motion pictures, politics and the media, etc. In the center of the webpage is where the website has the most interesting informaiton, in my opinion. They have a link that brings you to the latest news in media literacy. My personal favorite was a link on how to bring Superbowl commercials into the classroom.

Check it out...

No comments: