Monday, February 5, 2007

Class Chat Rooms

From the podcast link, I just listened to this as I was doing small things in my room. I love being able to do homework and multi-task.

What stuck with me the most about the podcast was when they were talking about having a social life on the internet about class. Students could go in chat rooms and talk about course material, or school in general. Students are already IMing one another like crazy. You know, I'm even doing it right now as I write this blog. Even my grandmother has IM conversations with me.

So, you want to get students to talk about class material? Have them talk about it in a chat room like the podcast was saying. Will and Rob were even saying that students can block certain classmates that aggrevate them, so they can chat with students they want to. They do not have to feel pressured or picked on through this chat-session.

What a great way to have a class-oriented dialogue!

No comments: