Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My Praise

Not only in ENG307, but in all my English and Education classes for the past two years, Staci has been an inspirational and extremely helpful student, teacher, and friend to me. We have taken so many classes together with which we grew and learned together the various different pedagogies and basic subject of English which we love and aspire to teach.

Staci would be an ideal student that I would want to teach. She always goes above and beyond the expectations of any student, always pushing herself to a level farther than the requirement. Not only does she have this incredible work ethic, but she has this love and drive to do it. She masters any task or concept put in front of us. In the future, Staci will model her excellent drive to continuously learn; I just hope that her students appreciate how lucky they are to have such a bright educator.

With so much stress and with such a heavy work load, occaisonally I feel overwhelmed or behind with work. I always know that I can turn to Staci to fill me in or point me in the right direction. She is on top of everything, organized to the maximum capacity that anyone could be organized. I wish my life could be so organized!

Going into these final assignments in ENG307 as Staci as my partner, I feel so confident that we will produce excellent products together. These will be the last assignments we collaboratively work on, and I am glad that her and I are a team for the remainder of the semester. Her brain functions so well in the educator's mind (one that is constantly developing throughout our education programs and observations), but it just comes so naturally to her.

I doubt that I am the only one who looks up to Staci and admires her hard work and drive. I hope that she knows that her diligency is acknowledged, and I hope that she knows how I look up to her ability to work so hard and so well. I am sure others admire her as well, besides myself.

So Staci, if you are reading this, I want to tell you how excited I am for your future classroom, for I can see how anxious you are to finally be in control of your own class. I can see so many good things coming for you, especially if you head in this administrative path (which I definitely think you should pursue). If you were my administrator, I would definitely be pushed to not fall into the lazy, easy way of lecture/teacher-centered classroom! You would keep me on my toes, and I am sure you will do that when you get there.

I can't see your passion faltering any time soon.

I hope I didn't sound too sappy here. I meant it all though--I wouldn't spend my time here writing to you if I didn't believe the words I said. Accept my honesty here.

Now I just feel as if I have signed a high school yearbook. So, Staci, consider this my signature at the end of the yearbook signing, except I won't put "have a nice summer" with my phone number attached to the bottom. (Come on, I needed some comic relief).

I love sending out compliments; I wish more people would give them to one another more often. I've been thinking this for years, but only when an assignment comes along do I actually say what I'm thinking. I wish people (and myself) would be more open and positive with one another. Compliments feel so good to receive, even better to give! So I hope that I can start giving out more compliments now, because this actually felt really good, really inspiring.

1 comment:

Staci said...

thanks so much, jami. that made me feel really good. Here I am tonight plugging away at my computer for assignments, and then I get a post like this to make me value what I am doing. Thanks. :)