Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Who Am I?

Hard question of a title to follow up to, isn't it? Let me give you a little background on understanding me and the purpose of this website.

I'm Jami, an aspiring English teacher, an avid reader, and a creative writer. I want to spread my passion for reading and writing to all my students, eventually. Many writers have inspired me to want to teach and spread their ideas and stories. Many writers have inspired me to want to write my own ideas and stories. My inspirations range from Ernest Hemingway, Dave Eggers, Kurt Vonnegut, Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, and most recently, Augusten Burroughs. Musicians also have a fantastic ability to produce writing--don't overlook it. Jim Morrison, Anthony Kiedis, Eddie Vedder, and most of all, Bob Dylan, have also been inspirations.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: